- The practice of making changes to web pages, content, and the promotion of that content to improve visibility in the organic—or unpaid—search engine results.
Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- A form of advertising that allows you to bid for your advertisement to show along with search results for keywords that people are typing in. This lets businesses be seen by people at the very moment they’re searching for the things a business offers.
Search Engine Results Page (SERP)
- A list of results appearing in a search engine in response to a user’s search query.
Session or Visit
- A group of interactions that take place on your website within a given time frame. For example a single session can contain multiple page views and e-commerce transactions.
- Content such as text, images, or videos, created by individuals and shared across the Internet.
- A community of individuals creating and sharing content.
- The process of attracting visitors - often referred to as traffic - to websites, mobile apps and other digital assets.
- A single visitor to a website during a specific period of time.
URL or Uniform Resource Locator
- The unique address of a page or piece of digital content on the Internet.